Lectin Free Everything Bagel Bites
by: Seema Racela
Everything Bagel Bites
by: Seema Racela
My kids love these yummy bagel bites! You can make them plain or stuff them with cream cheese, which is a fun surprise when you bite into them! Sometimes, I make the dough ahead of time and freeze until I'm ready to use. Enjoy!
-1 1/3 cups grated gruyere cheese
-2.5 tablespoons organic cream cheese (plus more if you are stuffing them)
-1 cup blanched almond flour
-3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
-1/2 tablespoon corn and aluminum free baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
-1 tablespoon homemade, French, or A2 casein butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F, line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl and add the flours, baking powder, onion and garlic powders, and salt.
3. Put the gruyere cheese and cream cheese into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. If it is not incorporated, microwave for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the melted cheese to the bowl and stir well with a rubber spatula. The dough will be slightly sticky but you should be able to roll it into a ball. If it is too sticky, add a little more arrowroot flour.
5. Pour the everything bagel seasoning into a shallow bowl.
6. Wet your hands a little and take a little less than 1 tablespoon of dough into your hands and roll it into a ball.
7. Roll the top of the ball into the bagel seasoning and place it on the lined baking sheet.
8. To make a stuffed bagel bite, roll the dough into your hands and gently flatten in your palms or on the tray.
9. Put about 1/4 teaspoon of cream cheese into the middle of the dough and gather the sides into the middle to close it up.
10. Roll it into a ball, dip the top into bagel seasoning, and place on the lined baking sheet.
11. Repeat the process until all of the dough has been used.
12. Bake for 12 minutes or until the tops begin to brown. Towards the end of the bake, melt the butter in the microwave.
13. Remove the tray from the oven and immediately brush with melted butter.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, allergy friendly