Lectin Free Granola Cereal
by: Seema Racela
by: Seema Racela
My whole family loves my granola cereal! It has a wonderful taste and texture that really holds up well in milk! This is a fun recipe for experimenting with different flavors. See below for my recipe and YouTube video. Enjoy!
-1/4 cup raw hazelnuts
-1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts
-1/4 cup raw pecans or walnuts
-1/4 cup coconut flakes OR 1/2 cup sorghum/jowar flakes
-1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/8 cup monk fruit sweetener
-1 teaspoon ground flax
-1 teaspoon hemp hearts
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of cloves
-1/4 cup currants (optional)
-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-1 tablespoon pistachio butter (or blanched almond, hazelnut, or walnut butter)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Line baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
3. Add the nuts to the food processor and pulse until they are in small to medium sized pieces.
4. Transfer nuts to a mixing bowl and add the sorghum flakes, coconut, monkfruit, ground flax, hemp hearts, currants, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir to combine.
5. Whisk the egg white in a small bowl.
6. Pour pure vanilla extract into the egg white and whisk.
7. Add the egg white mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
8. Add the nut butter to the bowl and mix well.
9. Spread mixture onto the baking sheet and cover with a second Silpat mat or parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll it out flat.
10. Gently remove the top Silpat mat or parchment paper.
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven or until the granola begins to brown and has a nice even color.
12. Remove from the oven and slide the Silpat mat onto a cooling rack and allow to sit until it is cool enough to break into pieces.
13. Allow the cereal to cool on a cooling rack for about 3 hours. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, allergy friendly