by: Seema Racela
There's nothing like homemade pasta! This recipe is so delicious and simple to make. I make it whenever my son requests lasagna, but I have seen other folks on Instagram use it to make various types of noodles and even pierogis! I originally saw this recipe on my friend Corinna's blog. I modified the method and proportions slightly, so check out her site for the original recipe. Enjoy!
-3 pastured eggs
-2 cups blanched almond flour
-2 cups tapioca flour (plus more for dusting)
1. Combine the flours in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough attachment.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour and crack the eggs into it.
3. Mix until the dough starts to hold together. Alternatively, you could do all of this with your hands if you do not have a mixer.
4. Remove the dough and knead it with your hands on the counter.
5. Divide the dough in quarters and roll one ball between two silpat mats or on a counter dusted with tapioca flour. Roll out the remaining dough or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
6. Using a ravioli cutter or knife, cut the dough into desired shapes.
7. Bring a pot of water to boil.
8. Add the pasta to the pot and cook until the noodles float to the top, about 2 minutes. Note, the raw dough might be fragile but it holds together well after cooked.
9. Strain and use in any pasta recipe. Enjoy!
Soy free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, rice free, allergy friendly