Lectin Free Kimchi Mushroom Burritos
by: Seema Racela
Kimchi Mushroom Burritos
by: Seema Racela
My family loves my breakfast burritos! I love adding kimchi and mushrooms into the mix, which is delicious and quite the umami experience! This quick dish is so flavorful and great for your gut! Enjoy!
-2 pastured eggs, lightly whisked
-2 cups mushrooms, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, pressed
-1 teaspoon ground flax (optional)
-1 teaspoon coconut aminos
-1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
-Gruyere cheese or goat cheese
-Tortillas (I use Siete almond flour tortillas)
-Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
1. Coat the bottom of a Lodge cast iron skillet with oil and warm over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the water has evaporated.
3. Turn the heat down to low and toss in the garlic and flax.
4. Stir in the eggs.
5. Once the eggs are cooked, add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, and salt.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
7. Rub a Lodge cast iron griddle with extra virgin olive oil and warm over medium low heat.
8. Place a tortilla on the griddle.
9. Layer cheese, eggs, and a few pieces of kimchi on top of the tortilla.
10. Fold one edge of the tortilla into the center, sprinkle with a little more cheese, the fold the other side of the tortilla over and press down with a metal spatula.
11. Carefully flip the burrito and press down with the spatula.
12. Remove from the skillet and continue the same process until all of the eggs are used up. Cut in half, top with micro greens and enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, nut free, allergy friendly