Lectin Free Sandwich Bread Rolls
by: Seema Racela
Loaf of Bread
by: Seema Racela
Inspired by Lectin Free Recipes
This bread roll recipe is so easy to make and has an amazing texture! My family loves using these rolls for sandwiches, burgers, and sliders. They even taste great with a smear of blanched almond butter. See below for my recipe and YouTube tutorial. Enjoy!
-1 teaspoon yeast
-1/4 cup warm water
-1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener
-1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
-1 pastured egg
-1 1/8 cups blanched almond flour
-1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
-1 teaspoon aluminum and corn free baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
-1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, warm water, and sweetener. Whisk and allow to rest for five minutes.
4. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil and egg.
5. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt to form a sticky dough.
6. If the dough is too runny, additional flour can be incorporated, 1 tablespoon at a time. When you touch the dough, a little should stick to your finger but not too much (view my YouTube video to see the texture).
7. To mold the buns, wet your hands and then shape into desired shape and size and place on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until brown on top. Bake time will vary based on oven and the size of the rolls.
9. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before slicing buns in half. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, keto, allergy friendly