Lectin Free NY Pizza
by: Seema Racela
New York Style Pizza
by: Seema Racela
My family loves my delicious pizza! It’s easy to make and has a nice taste and texture like "normal" pizza. My son likes a traditional cheese pizza and my daughter loves a truffle oil base with different veggie toppings. See below for my recipe and YouTube video. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 3 1/4 cups of lectin free flour (see proportions below or use a premixed flour)
-Strained tomato sauce or olive oil
-Toppings of your choice, like Gruyere cheese or veggies
- Arrowroot flour (for dusting)
Lectin Free Flour:
-1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
1. Whisk yeast, honey, and water together in a mixing bowl. Then allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes, add olive oil and stir.
3. Add the flour mix to the yeast mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until it becomes a dough.
4. Preheat oven to 420º F.
5. Dust a silpat mat or parchment paper and rolling pin with arrowroot flour.
6. Cut the dough in half and mold it into a disc shape. Store the other half of dough in an airtight container in the fridge if you are only making one medium sized pizza.
7. Dust arrowroot flour on both sides of the dough disc, then roll it out to about 1/4 of an inch (or thicker if you prefer).
8. Spread tomato sauce or oil on top of the dough.
9. Add toppings on the pizza like cheese or veggies.
10. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Rotate the baking sheet and cook an additional 5 minutes or until cheese begins to crisp on top.
11. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, peanut free, cashew free, egg free, allergy friendly