Lectin Free Grass Fed Shaved Steak
by: Seema Racela
by: Seema Racela
I have always been a steak lover and I really enjoy the taste of a good steak from time to time. For this recipe, I use shaved steak and top it with caramelized onions. It tastes amazing and only takes minutes to make! I often serve it with some roasted veggies and sometimes, I use it to make Philly cheese steaks and shawarmas. We have even used the leftovers in tacos, salads, and breakfast omelettes. Enjoy!
-1/2 lb grass fed shaved steak
-Extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 onion, thinly sliced
-2 tablespoons homemade butter (or French butter or ghee)
-3 shakes of dried thyme
-1 shake of dried tarragon
1. Coat the bottom of a Lodge cast iron skillet with oil (about 1 tablespoon) and heat over medium high heat.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan (swirl to melt the butter).
3. Add the steak and season with salt.
4. Cook for about 8 minutes.
5. Remove the steak from the pan and transfer to a baking dish.
6. Preheat oven to 350° F.
7. Turn the heat down on the stove to medium low and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.
8. Add the onions, dried herbs, and a little salt.
9. Cook for 7 minutes, until the onions begin to soften. If desired, continue to cook until the onions are caramelized (about 3-4 minutes).
10. Remove the onions from the pan and sprinkle over the steak.
11. Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 5-7 minutes until warm.
12. Remove the steak from the oven and sprinkle with chives. Serve with your favorite veggies. Enjoy!
Soy free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, nut free, rice free, allergy friendly