Lectin Free Vanilla Ice Cream
by: Seema Racela
Vanilla Ice Cream
by: Seema Racela
Refined Sugar Free
There's nothing like homemade ice cream! For this recipe, I use local, raw honey, which allows the ice cream to freeze “normal” and not solid like my other sugar free attempts. If you’re following a plant paradox lifestyle, I've read that Dr. Steven Gundry recommends less than 1 tablespoon a week. My recipe uses about 5 tablespoons of honey for 2 pints of ice cream. I’ve used this base to make other flavors, including cookie dough, cookies & cream, chocolate, and coffee. We love it! See below for the recipe and my YouTube video. Enjoy!
-1 2/3 cups A2 casein milk
-1/2 cup coconut milk powder
-1/3 cup local honey
-1 2/3 cups organic heavy cream
-3 pastured egg yolks
-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Whisk the milk and powder in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the honey and heavy cream. Clip a candy thermometer to the pot.
3. Cook over med. heat, stirring with a rubber spatula, until the thermometer reads 110° F. Remove from heat.
4. While whisking the egg yolks in a bowl, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the hot milk and whisk. Pour into the pot.
5. Cook until the mixture reaches 165° F, stirring frequently with the rubber spatula.
6. Place the pot into an ice bath for 15 minutes to cool.
7. Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into an air tight container. Stir in the vanilla.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
9. Transfer the base to an ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions (mine takes 15 minutes).
10. Pour into a freezer safe container.
11. Freeze until frozen, about 8 hours.
12. Scoop into a bowl, add toppings, and enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, corn free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, allergy friendly