Lectin Free Buffalo Mushroom Wraps
by: Seema Racela
Buffalo Mushroom Wraps
by: Seema Racela
Buffalo wraps are my go-to for a quick and satisfying meal. I love using local oyster mushrooms for this recipe because they’re healthy and have a nice crunch when fried, but chicken also works! It seems like a lot of steps, but this dish takes less than 30 mins. for me to make. Enjoy!
-Buffalo sauce (recipe below)
-Fried oyster mushrooms (recipe below)
- Siete Foods almond flour tortillas
-Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
Mix the below ingredients in a bowl and set aside:
-2 teaspoons Craic Fermented Mill City Red Hot Sauce
-2 teaspoons white vinegar
-1 tablespoon homemade, French, or A2 butter, melted
-Few shakes garlic powder
Fried Oyster Mushrooms:
-2 cups oyster mushrooms
-1/2 cup tapioca flour
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 pastured egg, whisked
-Oil for frying (I use a combination of extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil)
1. Add the flour, seasoning, and salt into a shallow dish and toss to combine.
3. Dip a mushroom in the egg and then in the flour mixture.
4. Shake off the excess flour and place the mushroom on a plate and continue coating all of the mushrooms.
5. When the oil is hot, place a few mushrooms into the pan and begin frying.
6. Once the mushrooms are brown on the underside, flip them over and fry until the other side is brown.
7. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate lined with a paper towel and continue frying the rest of the mushrooms.
1. Warm a lodge cast iron griddle over medium heat.
2. Spread buffalo sauce on top of a tortilla and place on the griddle.
3. Put a fried mushroom in the center of the tortilla and top with cheese.
4. Fold the sides of the tortilla into the center and press down with a spatula.
5. When the underside is cooked to your liking (we like it a bit crunchy), flip and cook the other side.
6. Continue the same process for the rest of the mushrooms.
7. Serve with fresh veggies and enjoy!
Soy free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, rice free, allergy friendly