Mushroom Parsnip Soup
by: Seema Racela
Dairy Free Option
My whole family loves this creamy, cozy soup! The parsnips give it subtle sweet flavor that that is so refreshing. My kids love this nutritious soup with homemade grilled cheese sandwiches on chilly nights. Enjoy!
- Extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 cup onions, diced
-2 cloves garlic, pressed
-2 cups mushrooms, chopped
-8 oz. (about 1 large) parsnips, chopped
-1/4 teaspoon dried sage
-1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
-1 teaspoon salt
-4 cups homemade chicken stock (or water)
-2/3 cups organic heavy cream (or coconut cream)
-1 tablespoon homemade/French/A2 butter or grass-fed ghee (optional)
-Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional, I use Gundry MD polyphenol rich oil)
1. Coat the bottom of a Dutch oven pot with oil and warm over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, mushrooms, salt, and herbs and cook (stirring frequently) until most of the water has evaporated from the mushrooms, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the stock and parsnips and bring to a boil.
5. Boil until the parsnips soften, about 3 minutes. A fork should easily go through it.
6. Turn the heat off and stir in the butter and cream.
7. Purée using an immersion blender or food processor. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve warm. Enjoy!
Soy free, oat free, potato free, peanut free, cashew free, egg free, rice free, low FODMAP, allergy friendly