Lectin Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
by: Seema Racela
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
by: Seema Racela
This giant chocolate chip cookie cake is one of my family's most requested desserts! It's a great treat for birthdays or other special occasions. I always top it with some homemade hot fudge and whipped cream, which is not necessary but highly recommended. You can find my recipes for both of those toppings by searching on this site. This recipe also works well for individual little cookies too. Enjoy!
-Heaping 1/4 cup homemade butter, softened (or grass-fed ghee or French or A2 butter)
-1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
-1 pastured egg
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-1 cup lectin free flour (see proportions below or just use 1 1/8 cups blanched almond flour if you just want to use one flour)
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
-Homemade hot fudge sauce and whipped cream (optional)
Lectin Free Flour:
-1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/8 cup tapioca flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
1. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and monkfruit with a hand mixer.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt with a rubber spatula until well incorporated.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Flatten the dough into a disc and cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350° F.
8. Remove the dough from the fridge and place in the middle of the prepared baking sheet.
9. Cover with another silpat mat or parchment paper and roll the dough out into a big, thick circle.
10. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cookie begins to brown around the edges. Baking time will vary depending on your oven and how thinly you rolled out the cookie. Do not over bake, or it will be dry.
11. Remove from the oven, slide the silpat mat onto a cooling, rack, and allow to cool completely.
12. Transfer the cookie to a platter and drizzle with hot fudge. Then pipe whipped cream around the edges of the cake. Enjoy!
Soy free, rice free, oat free, peanut free, cashew free, allergy friendly